07 dicembre 2008
Gilbert U-238 Atomic Energy Lab. A radioactive game?
The "Gilbert U-238 Atomic Energy Lab" was introduced by A.C. Gilbert in the spring of 1950 and sold for $42.50. Its components included:
1. three very low-level radioactive sources (alpha, beta and gamma particles)
2. four uranium-bearing ore samples
3. Geiger-Mueller radiation counter
4. Wilson Cloud Chamber to see paths of alpha particles.
5. Spinthariscope to see "live" radioactive disintegration.
6. Electroscope to measure radioactivity of different substances.
7. an "Atomic Energy Manual"
8. "Learn How Dagwood Splits the Atom" (comic book by Joe Musial, 1949)